Pages

Thursday 21 December 2017

SLJ day 4, A1 The awaiata

My favourite awaiata was Aotearoa by Stan Walker.

I like the beat, singing and the sounds of the maori language.It makes want to learn the song so I can sing it myself.
I like the video clip,I like the go-cart and the sail he weaved for it. I also liked seeing all the beautiful places we have in Aotearoa.
I like how they all came together to spell Aotearoa at the end.
It makes me proud to a part of Aotearoa.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWhAoZZh8fc

1 comment:

  1. Hi Caleb,

    Ruby here from the Summer Learning Journey!
    This is a great waiata, isn't it! And the video is amazing! Seeing the beautiful landscapes that are a part of New Zealand is stunning. I liked how they spelled Aotearoa at the end as well. I also liked how they used all sorts of different things that are a part of Aotearoa's unique culture to spell it.

    Do you know what the lyrics of the song mean? It would be great to find out what the meaning of the song is.

    I look forward to reading more of your blog over summer. Keep up the great work!
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.