Pages

Friday 22 December 2017

SLJ D5, A2 The treaty of Waitangi


Three fun things to do at Waitangi

#1 Visitors to the Waitangi Treaty Grounds can buy a Day Pass, that includes entry to the Treaty Grounds and Museum of Waitangi, a guided tour and a cultural performance in the carved Meeting House.


#2 Hāngi & Concert evenings are scheduled from 1 December to the 30th March. A themed intimate experience not to be missed.


#3 Fishing trips, I have been on a fishing trip in Pihia and it was awesome, i even caught 2 sharks !


The one I would like to do the most is the Hangi and a concert Because I haven't done this one before and it sounds good to me, and I would like to go fishing again. 
                                        

1 comment:

  1. Hello again Caleb,

    Well done on providing us with three great things you can do as a visitor in Waitangi. They all sound amazing, particularly the hāngī. Have you ever eaten a hāngī before? They're absolutely delicious! I remember my uncles digging up a huge hole in the ground to lay down the hāngī; this would only happen however during special occasions like New Years or Christmas, or alternatively at a tangi.

    Are there any traditional foods that your family cooks?

    Cheers,

    Jordan

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.