Pages

Saturday 23 December 2017

SLJ DAY 3 A 2, My Pepeha

MY PEPEHA

Ko ___Aoraki________________ te maunga    The mountain that I affiliate* to is…
Ko ___Hokitika_______________ te awa          The river that I affiliate to is….
Ko _Matilda_Wattenbach_(1862) te waka The waka that I affiliate to is…
Ko _Thomas Inger_(1831-1935)_ tōku tīpuna My founding ancestor is…
Ko ____Inger________________ tōku iwi          My tribe is…
Ko _____Davie_______________tōku hapu My sub-tribe is…
Ko ________________________ tōku marae My marae is…
Ko ___south westland_________ ahau I am from…
Ko_Peter__rāua ko Sarah______ōku mātua  My parents are … and …
90668006.jpg
Ko Caleb_ tōku ingoa. My name is …

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Caleb,

    Thank you for completing your Pepeha, I know that it can sometimes be difficult to participate in something that’s different. I'm impressed that you've not only attempted it, but also successfully found out a large portion of your identity. Finding out about your identity is exactly why something like a Pepeha is really useful; we can learn so much about ourselves and about our ancestry.

    Is there anything cool you know about your ancestors? My tribe is Tuhoe and we're situated in Te Urewera, which is located in the central and upper East Coast of the North Island. Have you seen the movie, “Hunt for the Wilderpeople”? There' a shot of Ricky and his Uncle hiking around a mountainous bush land— that's Te Urewera!

    Keep up the good work!

    Jordan

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.